Friday 28 January 2022

Growth Mindset: What I have Learnt from Other Students

The Growth Mindset challenge for this week was to learn from other students. These students posted their thoughts on their student Growth Mindset Padlet.

below I have picked out two quotes which caught my eye and also give me a new perspective to look at when it comes to understanding the growth mindset.


Trying New Things

"Trying new things and exploring new paths is the only way to true growth, and I intend on growing into my best and most well-rounded self I can. "

I like this quote as I can apply it to both my everyday life and also studying in this course, prior to this course I would not have considered myself a gamer , nor did I have had any interest in games and game history, but implementing and learning about the growth mindset has allowed me to be more open when it comes to learning new things in this module and also more open receiving feedback not just from this module but from other aspects of life, allowing me to grow and become my most "well rounded" self.


G.R.O.W

"GRip Open Windows = GROW
Sometimes in order to grow, you have to seek out opportunities.  You have to force the window open.  This resonates with me because I'm a pretty passive person, so I don't really look for opportunities too often. I need to remember to look for opportunities to grow."

This student quote caught my eye because it relates to me quite well, something I want to achieve more this year is seeking out more opportunities, particularly where my studies are involved, I want to seek out more learning opportunities and partake in more extra curricular and extra credit course tasks, I believe by seeking these out it will not only benefit me as an individual , but it will help with personal everyday life growth too.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Beta

  After weeks of work and editing and writing and rewriting scripts I can successfully say that I have successfully completed my game! Thi...