Tuesday 1 March 2022

Reading 05- Thematic Process

This weeks task was slightly difficult to grasp at first, but after watching the assigned video several times I was finally able to grasp the task needed to be carried out.

In my own words simplified, the task for this week involved taking the annotated bibliographies that have been completed from the weeks prior and using these bibliographies to create a thematic analysis.

From my understanding after watching the reference video, a thematic analysis is used to identify key themes from your research text, define it and use it to begin writing or composing your research question.

 From my annotated bibliography I was able to draw 5 main themes and use them in the thematic analysis.

 

The themes can be listed as follows:

 

The positive psychological effects of gaming

The negative psychological effects of gaming

Internet Gaming Disorder

Gaming Addiction

Why are individuals continuing to play games?

 

This reading task proved quite useful for this week as I am now aware of how I can begin writing my book chapter and how I would like to structure it. It was also useful as it allowed me to identify some limitations in my research. I found that the theme titled “ Gaming Addiction” had quite limited information on it, so moving forward I will have to decide if it is something that I will want to include in my research chapter or something I will leave out. Other than that I feel confident in my findings and I am looking forward to producing a piece from my collated list of resources.

My annotated bibliography can be found here 

my thematic analysis can be found here 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Beta

  After weeks of work and editing and writing and rewriting scripts I can successfully say that I have successfully completed my game! Thi...