Tuesday 19 July 2022

Playtesting

It is coming close to the end of this module and this week the focus is on playtesting. Game testing or playtesting in a crucial step to help ensure optimal performance of a game before it is published.

There are multiple factors and particularities to consider when it comes to game testing, I learnt that it is not only about the functionality of the game, that it is about other things, such as game fun, human interactions, human behaviours, game fun reactions, and entertainment factors. All of these and so much more come into consideration when implementing a Playtest

The multiple gam testing types can be listed below:  

  • Functionality testing
  • Combinatorial testing
  • Ad Hoc Testing
  • Compatibility Testing
  • Clean room and Tee Testing
  • Regression testing
  • Performance Testing

Based on my current game structure and design I believe that functionality testing would be the most appropriate playtest for me to use. This is simply because the aim of this testing method is to hunt for generic problems within the game such as asset integrity, stability issues, audio visual and game mechanic issues.

I learnt that there are different types of play testers

Myself, close friends and family, experiences gamers and complete strangers.

For convenience will be playtesting this game myself, friends and family and other strangers. My purpose of doing this is to gain a well-rounded body of feedback from the testing phase of my game and hopefully implement may changes accordingly



Sources 

source 1 

source 2 

source 3 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beta

  After weeks of work and editing and writing and rewriting scripts I can successfully say that I have successfully completed my game! Thi...