Sunday 3 October 2021

Time Management strategies

So after just reading two articles, one on the effectiveness of checklists and the other was about overcoming procrastination, I now think that time management is an important topic, both in this course and in all aspects of life. 


Some skills I learnt about procrastination, that I was not already aware of before was the skill of “removing the first blockade” this is often my biggest enemy when it comes to starting and completing a task, now with the simple skill of just asking myself “why is this so hard to complete” or “why am I unable to achieve this” has been quite useful to help me overcome the blockade and start the task. 


The other article I read about checklists was somewhat familiar to me, as I have been using checklists for the longest time. I wanted to read more to ensure I was getting the maximum efficacy of them, and I learnt that the most simplest activity of ticking off times on the checklist can increase motivation and productivity, so moving forward I think I will definitely continue using them and make them even more task specific.


The psychology of Checklists  By Lauren Marchese


How to beat procrastination by Caroline Webb



                                    

                                                        Digital image of brain source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beta

  After weeks of work and editing and writing and rewriting scripts I can successfully say that I have successfully completed my game! Thi...