Thursday 7 July 2022

Reading and Writing

This week’s reading task required a review and reflection of all the work done so far and the work left to complete 


Looking back

I am reflecting on all the previous reading and writing assignments I have completed for this module thus far. I have found every single ready assignment to be very useful and beneficial for the module and for the game design process. In the first week I named my favourite game, this simple brainstorming task of choosing my favourite game allowed me to think about the many games and game genres that are available.  I was able to learn many new skills and terms, from time management strategies to technology tools and even learning about the growth mindset and how they can help me with this module. Some of the more recent reading assignments gave me a deeper understanding of game design and how games are made and what components make up a game. The readings were about game design, game elements, game design documents, game fun and game decisions. These most recent readings helped give me a good knowledge of everything involved when it comes to game design. So far, I would say I am happy with my game project. I have a clear vision for how I want the game to turn out, but I am confident that with my current unity skills and knowledge that I will be able to complete it to the best of my ability.


Image 

Below is my chosen image. I chose this image from the reading task from week 2. I chose this image because this was my second ever assigned reading for this module.  Tis image is of significance to me as it as my first ever knowledge of learning about the growth mindset theory. Learning this growth mindset theory has change the way in which I approach not only my studies but my daily course of work and other aspect of life. It has taught me that in order to succeed at something you have to allow for failure or mistakes to happen, which in turn leads to learning from them and thus growth.


 


Looking forward 

I believe that moving forward, it would benefit me to carry out some extra reading material or more specific unity tutorials to refine and complete my game. I want to add in some art features in my game, such as a scoreboard and a results page for when the game ends. I believe it would be beneficial for me to do some extra reading material and unity tutorials around this to enhance my game. Moving forward I also plan to be more strategic with my time management and planning for the game. Each week I decided to allocate 10 hours to this module and the module task, this included the tutorials, reading and the project work. I also plan to liaise with my cousin regarding my game and outputting my final game, as he is a game designer and is quite familiar with game code, I plan to ask him for tips and tricks that I can apply to my own game design.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Beta

  After weeks of work and editing and writing and rewriting scripts I can successfully say that I have successfully completed my game! Thi...