Tuesday 12 July 2022

Unity Tutorial 09

 I continued working on the game prototype tutorial from last week. some new functionality I was able to learn and add to my game in the tutorial can be listed as follows:

I learnt about four loops- this keep control over the number of times something needs occur. This is useful in game design where you want something to spawn several times, this coding technique can be implemented.

By the end of this prototype, I learnt how to include a countdown timer in the game power up. I was able to learn camera control in the game and learnt how to use vector math to control the direction that the enemies are moving towards so that they can eventually run into the player. 

I was also tasked with completing a challenge task relating to this tutorial. This involved fixing a corrupted game file with bugs. The purpose of this game challenge was to test out the skills learn from the previous challenge. 

I found these game challenges to be quite useful, although difficult they are giving me a winder knowledge of coding and using the unity hub for game design. They are also quite useful for the production of my game as there are specific skills I can use to implement in the scrips of my final game

source: screenshot from unity hub 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Beta

  After weeks of work and editing and writing and rewriting scripts I can successfully say that I have successfully completed my game! Thi...